Thursday, October 6, 2011

Company Highlight - UM Project



One of the highlights of the Solar Decathlon project that I recently concluded was the opportunity to meet a multitude of local NYC craftsmen and vendors.  Throughout the process, I was continually surprised at how different companies responded to my pleas for sponsorship.  Some were very dismissive, but for the most part, I was met with genuine interest and desire to help.

Of the companies that I worked with, none was more willing to go the extra mile than UM Project, owned by Francois Chambard.  I had noticed the Milk Stool (2nd image) at ABC Home and knew that it would look great in the house but I never thought that I would get a chance to use it.  So, out of the blue, I sent a request to Francois asking whether or not he would be interested in sponsorship and to my delight he responded affirmatively.  Never have I dealt with someone who took such pride in their work and in the end, he donated a Candy Table and a Milk Stool.

Throughout the furniture selection process I made a list of who I would like to work with in the future and who I would not.  Francois and UM Project are at the top of that list.  The work is beautiful and he could not be a better person.  Check out their site at www.umproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment